Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How much do the courses cost?
• Course costs are based on the number of people attending (when we come to you), so why not get your friends / family on board for a discounted price. We've included some of our prices here; but for an accurate quote please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Further discount are given for large groups.) Please also visit the course pages on this site to see a full breakdown of the prices.
2. Where are the courses run?
• We can train you wherever you are! (Provided the area is safe and conducive to learning.) We can come to your office/school, your home, or you can come to our offices in Delarey (Between Florida & Northcliff).
• Extra R3.00/km for training that is more than 20km away from Delarey, JHB
3. When can courses be run?
• Our aim is to teach these first aid skills to you when it suits YOU! We run most courses 6 days a week! Thats right Monday through to Saturday.
• Email us at, email@example.com
, and we’ll find the earliest available date to book you in!
4. Can i join another group if I'm on my own?
5. How long are the certificates valid for?
• The Basic First Aid, CPR and Choking, presentation, skills, BLS for HCP and HS courses are valid for 2 years.
• The First aid Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 courses are valid for 3 years.
6. Are the courses accredited?
• The First aid Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 are accredited by the Department of Labour. With Level 1 being a requirement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, OHSA 1993.
• Our courses are also accredited by Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA),the Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa, American Heart Association and are aligned to the ILCOR & Red cross standards. For a full break down please check our course list.
7. Which course should i do?
• Your best bet is to contact us at, firstname.lastname@example.org
, and we'll advise you which course will best suit your needs.
Aternatively, you can download our course list [Click here]
and choose a course that best covers the topics that you want to learn.
8. How do i register for the course?
• Once we have found a course that best suits your needs, we will send you a quote to confirm what you need. If you're joining a course we just need the deposit. If you're booking your own dates then we'll need both the signed terms & conditions document and the 50% deposit to secure your training date.
9. How do i pay for the course?
• Our bank details are on the invoice. Or we'll send the bank details to you in the case of public courses. We prefer electronic transfers, but we do accept cash deposits. Cheques will need to clear before we can accept them as payment.
• Should you pay the balance before the end of the course, then you will receive your certificates on the last day of training. Alternatively, the balance payment is due within 7days of completing the course; unless prior arrangements are made with us.
10. What if I’ve done a course (level 1,2 or 3) already and I want to do a refresher course or the next level?
• If you’ve done the course with us and its still valid then you can either redo your current level or an upgrade course (ie level 2 or 3)
• If you haven’t done the course with us, but its still valid then provided you are competent you can either redo your current level or an upgrade course (ie level 2 or 3)
• If you haven’t done the course with us and its no longer valid then we recommend you redo the full course for your own benefit. (its also the law that you have to start again)
As with anything there are exceptions so please let us know your situation so we can make a recommendation!